The IUCN Theme on Indigenous Peoples, Local Communities, Equity and Protected Areas has the honour to invite you to the high level panel discussion on
Religion, ethics and the conservation of nature
La religion, l’?thique et la conservation de la nature
??, ??, ?????
What is the role of religious leaders and institutions in influencing the human drivers of biodiversity loss and climate change?
What is our human duty as custodians of nature?
Esteemed panelists from different traditions reflect on the relationship between the sacred, natural and human domains, on rights and responsibilities in conservation and climate change.
- ? His Highness, the Sultan of A?r, Niger:Oumarou Ben Ibrahim Oumarou (Sunni Islam);
- ? Venerable Do BeopSunim????, Korea (Zen Buddhism)
- ? Prof Robin Wang, Director of Asian and Pacific Studies, Loyola Marymount University (Daoism);
- ? PLACE SAVER FOR OTHER PARTICIPANT TO BE CONFIRMED?
- ? Dr William F. Vendley, Secretary General, Religions for Peace (Commentator on inter-religious cooperation)
Saturday 8 September 2012
11:00 until 13:00
Tamna Hall, Event 984
Jeju International Convention Centre ?????????
Interpr?tation en fran?ais; ?????
INEB is a co-organizing on this special panel.